Thursday, January 10, 2013

Well today I figured out I am not a foster parent saint. I am tired. I am slightly overwhelmed. And I get impatient I confess.

Little one year old boy came with very little notice on Tuesday night. He is cute. He is fun. I love, love, love, babies and kiddos so I enjoyed him a lot at first. Who can not love a grinning little man?

Daniel rose to the occasion of being "big brother" and was super helpful and tried to entertain the little guy (even though he would have rather had an older boy here)

My mom ("Mimi") was of course just as eager as I to play with him and be a warm, welcoming home.

Well by today, Daniel was tired of his screaming. We were tired of the little guy not sleeping. He cried a lot last night. My mom was the wonderful one who got up with him (I sleep through almost anything.) The dog, Bailey, was feeling a little left out and was chewing on things. It all disintegrated into chaos.

I am back to teaching this week and so I have been adjusting to what was going to be going back to "normal"...except that it is far from normal.

So I just remembered that fostering is super hard. Now that Daniel is sleeping well and knows how to let me "sleep in" on Saturday, and he is getting big and helpful and all those wonderful things, I forgot how much work a toddler is! Help God. But I am enjoying hugging him, carrying him, and playing with him!

His case is new so everything could change in a few days; he could very well be moved. I feel so badly for him...I was rocking him tonight and thinking how scary it must be for him to be away from his mama. No wonder he's not sleeping. It brought back memories of all the nights Daniel didn't sleep. I hate to think of his future if he stays in the foster system too long or starts getting shuffled around. Hopefully things can be resolved quickly and safely for his sake.

In the mean time my mom, Daniel, and I had a little conference tonight after the little one was in bed to remind ourselves that we would love him (and ask God to help us when it was hard) and pray God's best for him. And maybe tonight God would help him to sleep. Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment