Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Our household has finally started to settle into a routine....sort of. It's been crazy to put a 14 month old boy into the mix! Daniel has finally accepted him and admitted that he will miss him when he is gone. God has done a work in Daniel's heart thanks to prayer and I have seen big changes in him with sharing and showing thoughtfulness.

The first couple of days the little man was here I was pretty detached and determined that I would not get my heart too involved with this child. But, I have a big heart and it didn't take long for me to start loving this little man. Yeah I think we will all miss him when he is gone.

So tomorrow is the day we find out whether the court will keep him in custody or whether they will determine that, based on the investigation, he will be returned to his mother. I'm praying God's will. In many ways his case reminds me of Daniel's, but with Daniel's case we knew so much more in the first few days. This time around, we have so little information that I have no opinion on the matter. I just want the Little Man to be safe.

Sometimes I stop and think "am I really involved in fostering again?!? Crazy?!?!" but playing with these two boys totally makes it worth it. I'm tired, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment