Saturday, August 20, 2022

starting again

It’s been five years since I last posted. I have decided to revive this blog. I used to journal frequently. But life has gotten busier, and I rarely have quiet time to collect my thoughts and journal in a coherent manner, other than a few sentences here and there. 

The majority of this blog was written during my journey of foster parenting, however that chapter of my life is closed permanently, at least as far as I can tell.

I feel like I need some kind of outlet to sort my thoughts about life and reflect on where I have been and where I am going. So much has happened since I wrote my last blog post and I hope to take some time to journal it.

It was more than fifteen years ago that we began the training for foster care. After volunteering at the local shelter, I was determined that we could open our home and make a difference. I hope that in some way we did. 

Looking back I realize how naive I was and maybe a tad bit immature 🫣 If I could go back and change some things, I definitely would change some of my attitudes. But hindsight is 20/20 right?

Our home closed seven years ago. I’ve lost track of all the children that stayed with us with the exception of my adopted son. The two baby girls we had would be nine and six now. I know two girls that are almost the exact same age and I sometimes look at them and wonder how Miss B and Miss C are doing today. Who are they now? What are they like?

I now have two children that keep me busy from morning until night. Turning forty this month with a teenager and a precocious toddler is definitely challenging. I never thought I would find myself where I am at today. It’s been a series of highs and lows, mistakes and happy days. 

But here we are. I’ve got five years of life to reflect on since I last published something. Let’s see if I can keep this blog going 😊❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment