Sunday, August 24, 2014

This past week was the four year anniversary of Daniel's adoption. Truthfully the date slips by me every year because the day itself made legal what seemed to already exist. I had him since infancy, so by the time he was 3.5 yrs old he was already "mine" in my heart!

We have of course prayed that he would grow to love God and choose to follow Jesus. But I have been careful to not pressure him because I didn't want him to make that choice to please me or to fit in at church. I truly wanted it to be his choice from his heart.

I can tell it is something he has been thinking about though. Tonight when we were doing our Bible time before bed, he started asking more questions. We talked, I explained, I read Scripture, he listened, he thought...and he decided that this was the night he wanted to give his life to Christ and follow Jesus. 

In the midst of one of the hardest years, and when our family has endured some difficult things, God has been working in Daniel's heart. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment