Monday, May 6, 2013

so this is real life.

Once upon a time I thought I would get married, have children, live in the country, and have a garden. I would take in lots of foster children and adopt. I would stroll leisurely around the garden with a baby in a sling and live a serene life loving kids (babies-teens) and helping them to heal. Ha!

So....real life....not married, a house in a neighborhood where I can barely keep up with the mowing, a garden that only got half planted and still needs to be thinned (at least the flowers are doing well though!), a six year old that has to be prodded to stay on task and do his chores, a baby who is just beginning to tolerate a sling without screaming and otherwise wants to be held constantly.... I'm not exactly serene most of the time, but at least I'm smiling...usually!

Maybe the house in the country, a flourishing garden, a guy that shares my passion in life, and more children will come someday, but in the mean time I'm enjoying today. Reality looks a lot more chaotic than my daydreams but it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment